Self Managed Super Funds
Self Managed Superannuation Funds (SMSF) is a retirement savings system that provides flexibility and control. People who seek to fund their retirement independently seek SMSF as a major factor in this financial strategy. However, this entails obligations and management capability that may also be subject to constant changes. It may not be easy but that is what we are here for: to help make it easy for you.
We can help you prepare in making the most of SMSF opportunities without presenting any risk to you at all. Below is a list of our superannuation solutions:
Organization of fund through complete SMSF package
- Filing and binding of fund documents
- Documentation of fund trust deed, fund establishment and appointment of trustee
- Application of membership, fund ABN and tax file number
Comprehensive management and delivery of fund
- Preparation and documentation of statements
- Auditor assistance
- Filing of fund regulatory return
- Review of fund compliance
- Regular support both technical and operational
- Legal professional assistance to understand pertinent deed materials
We also assist in the preparation and documentation of all pension-related items including calculation of pension, deductible amounts and rebates as well as those related to PAYG. We make sure you have complete assistance coming from our proficient specialists when it comes to complete compliance and advice pertaining to SMSF and its operation.
CCA Fp invests in people and in the system that makes it easy for individuals as far as SMSF services are concerned. Let us help you achieve the full potential of SMSF with our superannuation solutions patterned after perfection to guarantee they work for each of you.
Some of the other key features of an SMSF are:
- A SMSF is a fund with less than five members. Each member is also a trustee of the fund (alternatively the fund can have a corporate trustee structure).
- A SMSF can provide tax effective vehicles for you to accumulate and transfer wealth.
- A SMSF must be maintained for the sole purpose of providing benefits to members upon their retirement.
- Trustees are required to prepare and implement an investment strategy for their fund. This controls the way contributions are invested with wide flexibility in investment choice, for example, direct property, managed investments and direct shares can all be included in the portfolio.
- Approved auditors must be appointed and tax agents, accountants and financial advisers may also be involved in the running of an SMSF, and
- Ultimate legal responsibility rests with the individual trustees (ie the members of the fund) even if assistance is outsourced to the above professionals.
Given the right circumstances, a SMSF has the potential to provide you with a powerful and tax effective wealth accumulation vehicle, whilst at the same time giving you considerable flexibility and control over your retirement investment affairs.
SMSF’s can be more cost effective than other options but only in situations where the amounts held in those funds are of a sufficient size to benefit from economies of scale.
At CCA Fp we will only recommend the establishment of a SMSF in situations where we can clearly demonstrate how you can obtain significant long-term value from establishing such a fund – relative to the costs involved.